🔍 « bcg vaccine coronavirus » @pubmed.gov
- Does BCG provide long-term protection against SARS-CoV-2 infection? A case-control study in Quebec, CanadaCONCLUSIONS: BCG does not provide long-term protection against symptomatic COVID-19 or severe forms of the disease.
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) morbidity and mortality was found to be less severe in countries where Bacille Calmette – Guerin (BCG) vaccination of the population is carried out. Conjugating Purified Protein Derivative (PPD) onto tumour cells and injecting into BCG primed mice was found to enhance anti-tumour immune response. We had proposed earlier that in vitro activated autologous anti-tumour T-cells bearing Major Histocompatibility Complex (MHC) II on their surface, if pulsed with PPD…
- Epidemiological studies and clinical trials suggest Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) vaccine has protective effects against coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). There are now over 30 clinical trials evaluating if BCG vaccination can prevent or reduce the severity of COVID-19. However, the mechanism by which BCG vaccination can induce severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2)-specific T cell responses is unknown. Here, we identify 8 novel BCG-derived peptides with significant…
- Friend or Foe? Evaluation of BCG Vaccine and Latent Tuberculosis Infection Effect in Patients Diagnosed with COVID-19 InfectionWhile severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2) continues to spread rapidly worldwide, some issues such as the uncertainty of the disease progress, whether intensive care will be needed, and risk classification are still important for clinicians. It is notable that in countries where latent tuberculosis infection (LTBI) is common and participating in the national Bacillus Calmette-Guerin (BCG) vaccination program, the case-fatality rates are relatively low throughout the…
- The Global Interest in Vaccines and Its Prediction and Perspectives in the Era of COVID-19. Real-Time Surveillance Using Google TrendsCONCLUSIONS: Despite the huge interest in the COVID-19 vaccine, there has not been a detectable decline in the overall interest in the five analyzed vaccines.
- We investigated the influence of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) vaccination on the unstimulated plasma levels of a wide panel of cytokines, chemokines, acute-phase proteins (APPs), matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs), and growth factors in a group of healthy elderly individuals (age, 60 to 80 years) at baseline (before vaccination) and 1 month after vaccination as part of our clinical study to examine the effect of BCG on COVID-19. Our results demonstrated that BCG vaccination resulted in…
🔍 « bcg vaccine coronavirus » @clinicaltrials.gov
- Condition: COVIDIntervention: Biological: BCG vaccine (Freeze-dried)Sponsors: Tuberculosis Research Centre, India; ICMR-National Institute for Research in Tuberculosis, Chennai, Tamil Nadu; All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi; National Institute for Research in Environmental Health, Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh; National Institute of Occupational Health, Ahmedabad, Gujarat; King Edward Memorial Hospital; National Institute for Implementation Research on Non-Communicable DiseaseActive, not recruiting
Car Calmette et Guérin ont offert au monde un vaccin libre de droit, enfin nous suivons sur Twitter les producteurs de vaccins BCG de part le Monde.
- China National Biotec Group
- GreenSignal Bio Pharma Private Limited
- Japan BCG Laboratory
- Serum Institute of India
- Statens Serum Institut
- Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu (RIVM)
- FSUE NPO Microgen
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)