🔍 « bcg vaccine coronavirus » @pubmed.gov
- While awaiting the COVID-19 vaccines, researchers have been actively exploring the effectiveness of existing vaccines against the new virus, among which the BCG vaccine (Bacillus Calmette-Guérin) receives the most attention. While many reports suggest a potential role for BCG immunization in ameliorating SARS-CoV-2 infection, these findings remain controversial. With country-level COVID-19 outbreak data from Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center, and BCG program data from World…
- Association between COVID-19 morbidity and mortality rates and BCG vaccination policies in OECD countriesWe compared whether the national BCG vaccination (BCGV) policy influenced coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) countries. Those currently implementing BCGV have a reduced number of COVID-19 morbidity and mortality cases, compared to those who have never implemented a BCGV policy, suggesting the potential protective effect of BCGV against COVID-19.
- How to Train Your Dragon: Harnessing Gamma Delta T Cells Antiviral Functions and Trained Immunity in a Pandemic EraThe emergence of viruses with pandemic potential such as the SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus causing COVID-19 poses a global health challenge. There is remarkable progress in vaccine technology in response to this threat, but their design often overlooks the innate arm of immunity. Gamma Delta (γδ) T cells are a subset of T cells with unique features that gives them a key role in the innate immune response to a variety of homeostatic alterations, from cancer to microbial infections. In the context of…
- CONCLUSIONS: Malaria and standardized TB prevalence are statistically significant factors associated negatively with COVID-19 mortality.
- Current results do not provide conclusive evidence on the effect of BCG vaccination on COVID-19 alone or in combination with other factors. To address this limitation, in this study we used a citizen science initiative on the COVID-19 pandemic to collect data worldwide during October 2-30, 2020 (1,233 individuals) in a structured way for analyzing factors and characteristics of affected individuals in relation to BCG vaccination. For the first time, the results of our study suggested that…
- In late 2019, a new virulent coronavirus (CoV) emerged in Wuhan, China and was named as severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus-2 (SARS-CoV-2). This virus spread rapidly, causing the coronavirus disease-2019 (COVID-19) pandemic. Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) is a live attenuated tuberculosis (TB) vaccine, associated with induction of non-specific cross-protection against unrelated infections. This protection is a memory-like response in innate immune cells (trained immunity), which is…
🔍 « bcg vaccine coronavirus » @clinicaltrials.gov
- Conditions: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19); Respiratory Illness; Corona Virus Infection; COVID-19Interventions: Drug: BCG Vaccine; Drug: 0.9%NaClSponsors: Murdoch Childrens Research Institute; Royal Children's HospitalActive, not recruiting
Car Calmette et Guérin ont offert au monde un vaccin libre de droit, enfin nous suivons sur Twitter les producteurs de vaccins BCG de part le Monde.
- China National Biotec Group
- GreenSignal Bio Pharma Private Limited
- Japan BCG Laboratory
- Serum Institute of India
- Statens Serum Institut
- Rijksinstituut voor Volksgezondheid en Milieu (RIVM)
- FSUE NPO Microgen
- Pan American Health Organization (PAHO)